SCHOOL OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES (SFL)
English Preparatory School PLACEMENT TEST
FOR GRADUATE CANDIDATES – JUNE 2 0 , 201 7
TEST DATE: June 20 , 2017
APPLICATION DATES: June 06 (10.00) – June 16 , 2017 (by 17.00 )
TEST TIME: 9.40 – 10.45 ( Examinees must be in their exam rooms 15 mins. before the test time.)
TEST LOCATION: North Campus, NEW HALL Building
Information regarding exam rooms will be posted on the bulletin board by the North Campus New YADYOK Building's entrance and YADYOK's website ( http://www.yadyok.boun.edu.tr ) on June 19, 2017 .
TEST FEE: 75 TL ( non-refundable)
The results of the test are going to be announced on June 21, 2016 both on the bulletin board by the entrance of North Campus New YADYOK Building and on YADYOK's web page ( www.yadyok.boun.edu.tr ).
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
Applicants must register for the Placement Test online at http://registration.boun.edu.tr/BUIS/BUISAPPS/ExtDBSApplication.aspx between June 06 (10.00) – June 16 , 201 7 (by 17.00 ). Registration after 17. 00 , June 16 , 2017 will not be processed.
The registration process includes the following 3 steps:
1. Log on to the system and create a “user account” by clicking the “New User” button that appears on the screen.
2. Log onto the registration system once again through the new user account that you have just created. Next, fill in and submit the online registration form.
3. Pay the exam fee, 75 TL, through Garanti Bank ATM, Internet banking or branches by following the instructions of University Payments -> Bogazici University -> Placement Test Fee. YOU SHOULD NOT CHOOSE THE WIRE OR EFT OPTIONS.
- Please note that the Placement Test Fee (75 TL) is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Applicants who have not completed their registration or made their payments are not eligible to take the exam.
- The Placement Test scores are valid for one year. When applicants take the test more than once in a one-year period, their previous scores will lose their validity and their latest scores will be taken into account in the Graduate Programs application process.
Information about the test procedure before and during the test:
- The Placement Test is 1 hour 5 minutes long.
- Examinees are required to bring with them TWO photo ID's (National Identity Card, Driver's License, Passport, Student Card) . If the photographs on the examinees' IDs are not current or do not bear a resemblance to them, they may be asked to show another form of ID.
- Examinees are required to bring BOTH a pencil AND a pen (either black or blue) with them. The use of ink colors other than black and blue is strictly forbidden.
- Examinees are required to check their seat numbers which will be posted on the bulletin board by the entrance of North Campus New YADYOK Building and on YADYOK's web page ( www.yadyok.boun.edu.tr ).
English Preparatory School Placement Test consists of Grammar and Writing components. The total duration of the exam is 1 hour 5 minutes. The Grammar part includes multiple-choice items. In the Writing part, examinees are asked to write a paragraph on a given topic in 20 minutes.