SCHOOL OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES (SFL / YADYOK)
THE ENGLISH PROFICIENCY EXAM (BUEPT/BÜYES)
AND THE TEST OF WRITTEN ENGLISH (TWE)
EXAM DATE: August 9, 2017
BUEPT: 10.00 – 14.30 (Examinees must be at their exam locations by 09.00 at the latest.)
TWE : 13.00 – 14.30 (Examinees must be at their exam locations by 12.00 at the latest.)
REGISTRATION DATES & TIMES:
July 25, 2017, 10.00 – August 4, 2017, 17.00
Registration system will have been closed by August 4, 2017, 17.00.
Information regarding the exam rooms will be posted on the bulletin board by the entrance of the North Campus New SFL (YADYOK) Building and on the SFL’s website http://yadyok.boun.edu.tr on August 8, 2017.
Exam results will be posted on the bulletin board by the entrance of the North Campus New SFL (YADYOK) Building and the SFL’s website http://yadyok.boun.edu.tr on August 17, 2017.
OBJECTION TO EXAM RESULTS:
The examinees wishing to object to the results of BÜYES/BUEPT and TWE exams are required to do fill out an objection form at the North Campus New YADYOK Building (6th Floor, Secretary’s Office) and submit it to the YADYOK Administration by 16.00, Thursday, August 17, 2017 at the latest. Petitions which are sent online or faxed are NOT accepted.
Registration process consists of two steps, which are filling out the application form and paying the exam fee. The steps to be followed by different groups of examinees are specified below.
Please read all the information provided on this page.
1st STEP: FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION FORM
BOGAZICI UNIVERSITY ENGLISH PREPARATORY SCHOOL STUDENTS
- English Preparatory School students of the 2016/2017 Academic Year DO NOT HAVE TO REGISTER for the BUEPT. (Program 1 students are required to meet the attendance and general point average criteria in order to be able to take the summer term BUEPT.)
- Students who attended the SFL (YADYOK) English Preparatory School and whose current status is ENROLLED Remedial have to regIster, but they DO NOT HAVE TO pay an exam fee.
- Students who attended the SFL (YADYOK) English Preparatory School and whose current status is UNENROLLED Remedial HAVE TO REGISTER AND PAY AN EXAM FEE.
To register for the BUEPT or the TWE, you must go online at http://registration.boun.edu.tr . Then, log onto the “Student Information” page as an ÖBİKAS user and using your ÖBİKAS user name and password, fill in the Proficiency Exam Application Form.
Please note that if you are LEFT-HANDED, you must select the “Left Handed” option in the “ID Info” section on the main menu.
Students who have a valid TOEFL® IBT/PBT or IELTS (Academic) score which has been received within the last 2 years and meets the minimum overall requirement (TOEFL® PBT 550; TOEFL® IBT 79; IELTS Academic 6.5) but not the minimum Writing requirement (TOEFL® PBT Writing: min. 4.5; TOEFL® IBT Writing: min. 22, IELTS Academic Writing: min. 6.5) can take the TWE, which will be given on the same day with BUEPT/BÜYES at 13:00. These students HAVE TO present their score sheets to the SFL Student Affairs Office by 16:00 on August 4, 2017, at the latest and have their names added to the TWE list.
STUDENTS WHO WERE PLACED IN THE UNIVERSITY IN 2014 AND BEFORE AND HAVE BEEN DISMISSED FROM THE PREPARATORY SCHOOL WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE THE BUEPT ON SEPTEMBER 7, 2017.
NON-BU APPLICANTS (INCLUDING TRANSFER AND GRADUATE APPLICANTS, PARDONED AND SUSPENDED STUDENTS)
Non-BU Applicants HAVE TO REGISTER AND PAY AN EXAM FEE.
In order for these applicants to register for the BUEPT or the TWE, they need to go to http://registration.boun.edu.tr/BUIS/BUISAPPS/ExtProfApplication.aspx and if they do not have a user account, they need to create a “user account” so that they can use the registration system.
Applicants have to select the “BUEPT” option as the exam type. However, those who have a valid TOEFL® IBT/PBT or IELTS (Academic) score which has been received within the last 2 years and meets the minimum overall requirement (TOEFL® PBT 550; TOEFL® IBT 79; IELTS Academic 6.5) but not the minimum Writing requirement (TOEFL® PBT Writing: min. 4.5; TOEFL® IBT Writing: min. 22, IELTS Academic Writing: min. 6.5) may select the TWE option and take the TWE, which will be given on the same day with BUEPT/BÜYES at 13:00.
“After the exam results are announced, if they pass the TWE”, they HAVE TO bring their official TOEFL/Academic IELTS Score Report to the SFL (YADYOK) Student Affairs Office to have it validated. Otherwise, their TWE score will be considered invalid.
2nd STEP: PAYING THE EXAM FEE
Once the online registration process is completed, examinees WHO HAVE TO PAY AN EXAM FEE can make a payment in two ways:
- Through a Garanti Bank ATM or branch (Payments -> University Payments-> Boğaziçi University -> BUEPT/BÜYES Exam Fee).
- Through the Garanti Bank online banking system at www.garanti.com.tr (Payments -> University Payments-> Boğaziçi University -> BUEPT/BÜYES Exam Fee).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not transfer any exam fees between accounts or use the EFT process.
Bogazici University English Preparatory Students pay the exam fee using their Student ID numbers whereas other applicants use their ID numbers (T.C Kimlik No) and international applicants, their Passport numbers.
FOR STUDENTS WHOSE STATUS IS UNENROLLED REMEDIAL:
BUEPT: 130 TL;
TWE: 50 TL;
Reading : 40 TL;
Listening: 40 TL
FOR NON-BU APPLICANTS:
BUEPT: 250 TL
TWE: 100 TL (for applicants who will take ONLY the TWE)
- Applicants who have not completed their registration or made a payment by the dates and times specified above will not be admitted to the exam.
- Payments cannot be made without the completion of online registration.
- Exam fees will not be reimbursed after the exams have been given.
- You are required to bring 2 photo ID’s (National Identity Card, Driver’s License, Student Card, Passport, etc.) and blue or black ballpoint pens. If the photographs on the examinees ID’s are not current or do not bear a resemblance to you, you may be asked to show another form of ID.